Friday, May 1, 2009

Appreciating the Appreciation

I felt compelled to blog today. I've obviously been pretty lazy about it lately. I'll tell you, it's harder than I anticipated, keeping it up on a daily basis. I did okay for a couple of months, then it started being more of a weekly blog and now, well, I get messages from frustrated followers, asking when they can expect the next entry! Whoops. Sorry. 
But yesterday I got the most beautiful message from a dear friend of mine. I wanted to share it. She really touched me and has given me encouragement and motivation to continue my blogging journey!!! I'll try to do a better job of keeping up with it! 
So today, if you know someone who has been doing a good job of something, be it a teacher or a coach or a housekeeper or whatever... LET THEM KNOW! Shoot them a quick email and tell them how much you appreciate them. I promise, it'll make their day! I should know:

Hola Stacy!
Wow...I just read a lot of your blog....you made me laugh, cry and happy to be alive all in one hour! But seriously, i really, really want you to know that since we got back in touch I've been following your pictures and little comments on Facebook... and you're a HUGE inspiration! Who loves life more than you?? Seriously, I can't name one person in my life who does besides you and it's made me re-examine my life! I've been in such a funk lately and you're making me realize that little things like planting flowers, watching my nephews and neice and appreciating my fiance, my family and friends are the things that are important!! We get so caught up in work and politics and such that the little things get pushed to the side. 
Anyways...you have the most amazing aura around you Stacy, it comes through in your writing and pictures...you're beautiful in every way and nice and caring and an amazing photographer! John and your children are blessed to have you! 
Okay, I am getting mushy so I'll stop here, I just wanted you to know that you've been on my mind a lot lately :)

Isn't that the sweetest? Aw, thank you my friend! Okay, and since now I know that my silly ramblings about how much I love my day-to-day life aren't boring everyone half to death, I'll tell you about another thing that made me quite happy the other day... 
Jasper bought me this squirrel picnic table. It's hysterical. The squirrels look like they're sitting on a little chair, eating from a little table. We love it. And I love it more because my sweet 7-year-old son was willing to use his OWN money to buy it for me for no reason other than he thought I'd love it. 
I wanted to get a few photos of the squirrels for him, so the other day, I stood outside for a good half hour, inching closer and closer to the feeder, until I was only about two feet away! The squirrel ALMOST took the strawberry from my hand! Too funny.


Have a great weekend everybody and don't forget to tell someone how much you appreciate them! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! I missed your blog but know you were worn to a nub from all the company and needed a break. Still it's nice to see you blogging again - I always enjoy your comments. Dad reads the paper every morning which, to me, is like Dial a Depression. I prefer to read your blog because it starts my day off with a smile. You truly are inspiring and uplifting! I love hearing about John, the kids, Roxie, your yard and the wildlife.

Cute squirrel and so sweet of Jasper to buy the feeder for you.

And what a nice note from your friend. There are probably many others out there who feel much the same way.

I don't blog, but can imagine how hard it would be to come up with a subject for discussion every few days. I'm the type that always wanted to keep a diary, and must have thrown away two dozen during my lifetime because I'd write three or four times and run out of steam. Then, if I would go back and read the pitifully few entries, my life came out duller than a trip to the city dump to shoot rats. So I admire not only your diligence but also your ability to make everyday events entertaining. That's a gift. Thanks for sharing it.