Thursday, July 31, 2008

Who doesn't love a surprise?

I love surprises. Well, actually, only the ones I'm not expecting. I cannot STAND to wait for something... ask my Mom or John... they'll tell you! I will pester you to death if you give me a hint that a surprise might be coming. But the ones that just come, with no forewarning... ahhhhh I love those. :) 

I got two great surprises in the past 24 hours... 

First, I'll tell you about Mr. FedEx bringing this cute little box this morning. I wasn't expecting anything, nor was John. Well, imagine my excitement when I saw it was for ME and it was from one of my clients!! She sent me the MOST DELICIOUS looking cake you've EVER seen in your life from an awesome bakery in Tyler, Texas (www.janiescakes.com). The box it was wrapped in was the most darling thing ever and I can't wait to taste the cake! My client was SO kind to send me this thank you. I took pictures at their family reunion last week... a group shot with FIFTY people in it (EEK!)! My largest ever! Aw, my clients rock!

And the other lovely surprise came last night... the most GORGEOUS sunset!! After dinner I noticed the backyard was glowing, so I grabbed my camera and Roxie and I went out to the field to watch the sun go down. Um, WOW! What a spectacular light show! It was incredible and kept changing every few minutes, from a crazily unrealistic blue to bright orange to deep gold... thanks God! That was super cool. 



When's the last time YOU surprised someone with something??? Hint hint! Go out and make someone's day today! ;) 

4 comments:

linda said...

Stacy! Your blog is not only fun to read but beautiful to behold, too! I love your photos against black. I am so glad you've taken the leap, honey. Hope I remember to come back. So far I've been a blog visitor about once to each blog I know. Okay, so on your profile, are you not also a beloved NIECE (very important) and daughter? I think SO. Love to you and the family. xoxo
Linda

Izzy's Mom said...

Brave girl!!!! It's out there now and there is no going back!!! I love it and will look forward to each post!! Too bad you didn't start a few weeks ago so that everyone could enjoy the gray hair and brown recluse stories.

Love,
Tiff

buffilee said...

You know, you could post the gray hair and brown recluse stories anyway. Better yet, save them for when you're not feeling particularly witty and post them then. We won't tell anyone that you're double-dipping! I look forward to reading your blog. Your random thoughts make me giggle.
Love, Buffi

Herdman said...

I love the blog! It makes me think about simple things that I don't usually notice in a day; a wet dog nose or a beautiful sunset. What I really want to know is how did you have such a cool cake holder on hand when you received the cake? Look forward to hearing about the spider!