Friday, August 1, 2008

Back by popular demand... "A Moment of Silence, Please"

Alright, you silly people... I've had several requests to post this email I sent out a few weeks ago. So here it is, a little double-dipping for you Buffi! ;)

Yes. My friends. It is a sad, sad day. For me, it is the beginning of the end. My dear friends, I will need your support during this difficult time. 
Here is proof. Proof of my sad day. Proof of my very first, honest-to-goodness GRAY hair! I found it on my head today. 
At first, when I saw it, I thought for sure it was just one of Roxie's hairs that somehow landed on top of my head during my shower. Strange. It must be. Yes. A simple dog hair. Same color, same length, same texture (oh Lord!)... so I took a deep breath and grabbed it and tenderly tried to remove the offensive item. But it stuck. And then it dawned on me... it was ATTACHED! 
It was not Roxie's. 
It was mine!
Oh God. 
*Yank!*

Isn't it hideous? It's so... so... SHINY! Like a beacon, screaming to the world, "I am old! And GRAY!" And it was sticking. Straight. Up. 
Yes, the beginning of the end for sure. I feel old. I think I feel tired all of a sudden. I think my left hip hurts a little. I hadn't noticed that before. Maybe I should go drink some milk. 
I can no longer be "that girl" who can honestly say, "Oh (giggle) gosh, I don't have any gray hair." She is gone. There is a new girl in town. A new, older, grayer girl. Is grayer even a word? 
I just want to thank all of you for loving me in my prime and I hope you can find it in your hearts to still love me, even as an old gray hag. We've had some good years together, haven't we? It's been fun. Thanks for the memories. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that made me laugh out loud!! But old and gray, wrinkled and decrepit, I'll always love you and you'll always be my sweet baby girl. Have you ordered your walker yet?
Hugs, Mom
P.S. It gets worse.

Anonymous said...

You are up at 5:37 a.m. to post on your blog ???????

Anonymous said...

Okay you wonderful woman....check YOU out! I LOVE IT. You have so many talents all rapped up into one beautiful woman whom I miss dearly!!!! Don't talk to me about hot! I live in cementville, remember? Though I do love the pool and am in it daily. Natalie starts driving on MONDAY...I need a sedative.........love TPOTTS!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Stace, a new era has begun ......... I'm afraid I soon will join you with all these kids running around me all day long! Eeek!

Missy said...

omg this made me lough out loud bwahahaha. its not funny but its funny lol

like, i'm glad its not me but sad its you lol. did you keep the actual hair? you could put it in your baby scrapbook next to your first lock of cut hair lol.

okay i'm just gonna smile and wave...smile and wave.... lol

anyhow, my point issssss..(i know i had one) your only as old as you feel or something like that lol nevermind, i have brain fry lol