Sunday, August 10, 2008

A little blast from the past...

I love technology. Well, when it's not misbehaving. I remember getting my first computer, shortly after Kathryn was born. My parents paid for it because I wasn't in the mood for a computer, but the adoring grandparents wanted hourly updates on the new grandbaby, so they forked over some cash and I caved. Well, that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship for me. Yeah, both with the computer AND my new baby... ha ha ha. Now I'm a total computer junkie. The joke around here is that if the house were to catch on fire, I'd grab the laptop before the children. But it's NOT true... just John razzing me. ;) 
Here's part of why I ADORE the computer... it's a time machine of sorts, allowing you to easily peruse thousands of old photos (and on my computer, that's no exaggeration... you don't EVEN want to know how many photos I have on here!) and other little gems, taking you back to some of those precious moments you shared with your toddlers, so you can see their chubby thighs and faces and hear their squeaky voices once again. I'm soooooooooo glad I have some of these videos! I absolutely treasure them. Here is Jasper, when he was about 3 years old, telling me the names of all of his Thomas the Tank Engine trains. The child was OBSESSED. But it's his VOICE that gets me... oh what a treat!!!!
ENJOY! :) 


I miss having toddlers around. And strangely enough, I kinda miss Thomas the Tank Engine, rolling along...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute ... I miss that Jasper, too ....

Anonymous said...

My favorite is "Caboot". This young man has amazing memorization skills. And now I understand he can name all of the Pokemon characters. Not an easy task considering their names are all extremely weird. He will do well in school when he has to name the 50 states or recite the Gettysburg Address. Way to go, Jasper! Gramma is proud of you.