Thursday, August 7, 2008

Awwwww!!!




Oh my goodness... wook at the cute widdle bitty baby bunnie wabbits!!! (This is apparently how you have to talk when you're in the midst of baby bunnies... because even the grown ups were talking this way.) Have you EVER seen anything more darling? I'm pretty sure you haven't. Trust me. 
Our neighbor called this evening and invited us to come have a peek at a little treasure in her yard... a small hole containing four newborn bunnies. They discovered them yesterday after a close call with the lawnmower (eeeeeek!). We have lots of bunnies around here, but this is the first time I've seen any like this. Precious! 
Our neighbor assured us it's a myth that the mother will eat her babies if she smells human scent on them... ummmmmmm, I sure hope she's right because the girls couldn't resist snuggling these little darlings. 
What a treat! 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those bunnies are DARLING!!! Are you going to keep one?! So cuuuute.

Missy said...

awwwwwwwwwww i want one i want one!! they are just so pwecious!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun living in the country? I am so thrilled that my grandchildren are getting to experience "critters" up close and personal. These memories will last a lifetime. The folks living in some suburban areas are missing out on a lot: raccoons, squirrels, armadillos, possums, rabbits, snakes, lizards - and yes, the occasional skunk. I hope you have wonderful encounters with all of them - except the skunk.
Love, Mom

Rita said...

They are soooo cute!!! Yes I would have been one of the adults talking like that too:)