Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Does anyone hear a sizzling sound?

I hear it. It's my BRAIN. It's on overload and I think I may have a few dead pixels in there as well. 
John and I have been trying to catch up on a gazillion things this morning. It's been a hectic summer and has been months since we've been able to have a coherent conversation with each other. 
I pretty much have something on every burner right now... and some other stuff in the microwave. You know those totally intense cooking shows where they're doing some challenge and the contestants have 14 things going at once and one thing is always getting burned, one dropped, one thrown at someone else and, well, you get the point? That is how I feel today. 
First off, look at our poor doofus dog. She had to go to the doggie doctor today to get some foreign object removed from her paw and got to come home with this lovely souvenir. She is clumsy as an ox with it and is whacking into the walls and our legs at all times. Poor little baby. Looks like a furry, grinning satellite dish.

In the meantime we are also trying to figure out:
1. How to deal with our daughter who has declared she's turned from extreme carnivore to vegetarian over night. 
2. Our daughter's 10th birthday, coming up fast and furious. 
3. Juggling cheerleading practice, football games, carpooling, swim practice, cub scouts, John's job, my job, homework, shopping, cleaning AND early Christmas shopping... among other things. 
4. Trying to plan for our "ultra super mega" (as Jasper would say) year ahead... which includes a few BIGGIES... a Caribbean cruise, trip to Ireland, trip to Kauai, summer camp and John's 40th birthday! 
5. Recarpeting the TV room and 17 other things I won't bore you with right now.
Oh... and on top of all this, I decided to volunteer to host a "Spirit Party" here tomorrow night for all the cheerleaders so we can paint posters for the home game this weekend... so far I've had about 30 people RSVP... so I guess it's really happening! HA! 
Alright... sorry for babbling too long... just wanted to give you an idea of why I don't really have a nice, tidy, easy little blog topic for today... but it felt great to get all this off my chest!! Shew! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the words of Trace Atkins... "Your gonna miss this...". Enjoy every minute of chaos... it's what you are going to talk about after they leave. Everything will fall into place, it always does! Deep breath... and enjoy your life! Jodie

Anonymous said...

Yea Kathryn! Stop cleaning Stacy and start researching Veggie meals! Ha Ha! Just kidding!

Can you use a cookbook or two? I have plenty!

We have zipper earrings too, even yellow, but God only knows where they are! Hugs

Anonymous said...

Good grief, Stacy. Short of cloning yourself, I have no answers. You are definitely burning high octane right now. Guess you should just go with the flow and enjoy it.
Poor Roxie....it'll be all better soon.
And Kathryn, a vegetarian???? Hope she's over that phase before you come to visit again. Would hate for her to miss Grampa's ribs!
Love, Mom