Thursday, August 28, 2008

Do Nothing Day...

Do Nothing Day should be a national holiday. I think I'll write the next president about that. 
Even though my Hallmark calendar doesn't have it printed in official writing in today's block, *I* am declaring today a Do Nothing Day. 
I need it. 
I survived hosting last nights' party with 15 Cheerleaders Gone Wild and the house is clean and John is gone and the kids are gone... 
So today I'm gonna drink too much coffee. And I'm going to sit here and wonder why the sliced cheese doesn't fit across the whole piece of bread.  
I'm going to wonder why you always see photos of brand-new, sharp Crayons, but never of much-loved, well-used, stubby, peeled Crayons. Maybe I'll get out my camera and take some.
I wonder, if a cow laughed really hard, would milk come out her nose?
OH, and here's a good one I've heard before... why do men have nipples? And what WAS the best thing before sliced bread? 
Stuff like that. 
Besides doing absolutely nothing, I may go out and take some photographs of my yard. We're having a lovely "second wind" of sorts. Just when I thought everything was wilted and scorched and done for the year, we're having this sudden explosion of color and it feels fresh and new and wonderfully unexpected. 
Yup, that's it. That's my day. My very totally fabulous Do Nothing Day.
Going to go sit on my duff on the couch now and read for a bit. Can someone please pass the Bon Bons?

*Updated... took that photo! This shrub is called violet silverleaf. Ain't it purty?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That is the funniest thing I've ever heard! Your right, why do men have nipples!!!!! HA HA HA

Anonymous said...

Oh btw that last comment was from me, Rita :)