Sunday, August 10, 2008

These are a few of my faaaaaaaavorite things...

My husband says I'm easily impressed. Not sure what that says about my choice in him, ha ha ha, but it is kinda true. I have LOTS of favorite things and I'm quite sentimental about them. I do have a few "new" favorites in my life though and thought I would share them. :) I'm feeling a little sappy about them lately. 

Topping the list this summer are my two new favorite book series, Twilight and Outlander. I just finished the fourth and last book of the Twilight series yesterday and I'm still reeling from it. I feel sad to have finished it. LOVED it. But it's okay that I'm done with Edward and Bella cause now I can get back to Jamie and Claire. Hee hee. LOVE them. They're from the Outlander series... so excited to start the second book, Dragonfly in Amber. These are good THICK books that really take you away and make you swoon....... so many books, so little time! So what's on YOUR nightstand? 

Another new favorite, thanks to my FABULOUS cousin, Holly... this yuuuuuuuummy salad recipe. Oh my gosh... RUN, do not walk, to the grocery store and buy a bag of baby spinach, some fresh raspberries, crumbled goat cheese, chopped walnuts and either spinach salad dressing or raspberry vinegarette, toss them all together and yum yum yum yum. You will NOT be disappointed! I've had this salad four times in the past 10 days and it just keeps getting better and better each time I eat it! 

Birds. Yup. Birds. Another new favorite. I lovelovelovelove that I can look out all the windows in my house and see BIRDS everywhere! We have cardinals galore, finches, blue jays, you name it. But my absolute favorites are the Painted Buntings. Have you heard of these? They are THE MOST AMAZING birds I've ever seen. They do not even seem real, but rather a fantastical creature with the most unreal colors... I looooooooooove them. We have one guy that visits the bird feeder right outside my office window quite often, and each time, he takes my breath away. 

And last but not least, meet Oscar, my cute little weather friend. I got John this digital weather system for his birthday. My dad has one and loves it. Living in Texas, you kinda become a weather junkie. So cute little Oscar (that's what they call him in the brochure) is the guy who shows you what to wear that day... how cute is he? I love checkin' in with him to see if he's got his umbrella ready or is wearing pants or his bathing suit. I just wonder what he'd look like in a tornado... don't think they put THAT mode in the program! ;) 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.