Monday, August 18, 2008

"It's a Party!"


We just got home from a quick vacation to San Diego to visit friends and family. We are weary travelers, happy to be home, despite the stack of bills and "to do" lists awaiting us. School is a mere week away (woo hoo!) and summer is coming to a close. It's bittersweet for certain. 
But I'm writing to say, I have a new favorite memory from my darling niece, Sophie. We were up at the club pool one day, splashing around together, and just before this photo was taken, she looked at our little swimming group (consisting of her mom, me, my hubby & two kids) and declared, "It's a party!" She was just thrilled to pieces to be with everyone (and to also be the center of attention... which is exactly where she deserves to be!) It was just way too cute. The girl has a smile the size of Wisconsin. That thing is super contagious!! We all adore the bits out of her. 
Our vacation was fun and restful... lots of catching up on stories, watching Olympics (which was a treat since we still, by choice, have no television), riding bikes around the bay, swimming, hanging out on the beach and eating. My goodness we ate a lot. Good times. 
But now I'm anxious to go to bed. I believe my brain is already asleep. 

No comments: