Friday, March 6, 2009

"Hmmm, let me check my calendar..."

I used to laugh to myself when people would say this to me. I'd think, "Oh sure, gotta check your calendar... whatever." 
But now, I get it. 
John thought I was joking when I said I was going to chart out the next three and a half months on a giant piece of poster board and hang it in the office. Ha ha ha. How little he knows me after 14 years of marriage. ;) 


This poster is still incomplete because what I haven't posted is the kids' practice times once games start. Not sure when those will be yet. But we're basically, I believe, looking at four practices and four games per week. Yes folks, 8 sporting events. Take me out to the ball game baby... every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday! I just better not be eating peanuts and Cracker Jacks or I'll gain 17 pounds this season!! That's a lot of bleacher time. 
Throw into this mix a trip to Kauai, the kids' two week summer camp AND our second honeymoon in Ireland... as well as Bunco, office volunteer, Adopt a Pilot, doctor appointments, birthday parties, field trips, homework, errands & chores and what do you have? One tired mama and kids that probably aren't getting near enough fresh veggies in their diets. But SO MUCH GOOD stuff to look forward to... spring break, Kauai, my friend Gillian visiting, Easter, the arrival of my first nephew, kissing the Blarney stone... soooooooooo much excitement!!! As my mom says, "Never a dull moment." I'm really not complaining. I hate being bored. Don't think I have to worry about that for a while.
This is the first time in several years the kids won't be doing swim team and we're sad about that... but there's just no way we could squeeze it in this year. We're not total and complete gluttons for punishment!!
Yup, it's gonna be a crazy ride for the next 16 weeks my friends, so really, if you ask me to do something social and I say, "Hmmm, let me check my calendar..." I'm HONESTLY not trying to blow you off or pull your chain!!! I promise. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have our greaseboard on the wall in the kitchen. Heaven forbid if I forget to put something on the ever-changing calendar of events(happens all the time). I like your calendar, looks fun with all the colors and crazy comments!(yee-haw) It seems like we get busier every year, and our kids are not yet of age where they are going to activities 24/7. Sounds like a fun couple of months. I am jealous of the anniversary trip. In fact, any trip that I could take alone with Renee would be nice....still a few months away. Enjoy your next 16 weeks, Steve

Anonymous said...

2nd honeymoon?
If that's the case, then you'd better get ready to post our pending 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and so on. . ! This is just the first of many trips to come. Just you and me, Stacy.
And we already travel a lot!
So, in my mind, it's not recapturing the magic and energy of new (nuptial) love. Not a honeymoon at all. In my mind it's the beginning of a new and fantastic stage where we get to pursue long postponed dreams and adventures together.
The rest of your post was lovely.
J
XOXO