Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break, Chimpanzee Style

I thought you might enjoy seeing some pictures from our spring break. I've really enjoyed the lovely weather, being outside, working in the gardens and having my little chimpanzee children clinging to me every single moment of every single day. 
Here's a picture of me and Jasper, just before lunchtime. Isn't it sweet how he's holding on to my leg? Doesn't he look content? Gosh, I sure would be lonely without him.

And here I am, with Kathryn on my back, heading out to fill the bird feeders. I'm so happy she decided to come along for the ride. I think it's just so sweet that she wants to be on my back all day long!! I'm sorry if I seem like I'm bragging. It's not my intention to make you feel bad.

Oh and I love this next one! I'm glad John was there to capture it with the camera!! Great shot babe! Don't I look happy and rested after a week of rest and relaxation with my clingy children? The bags under my eyes have practically disappeared! It's amazing how refreshed a mother can feel after a week at home with her darling kids. I really think the school district should make spring break longer. It's simply gone by way too fast. 
What WILL I do when the cling ons go back to school? I'm certain I will feel incredibly lonely without them breathing down my neck morning 'til night. *Sigh.* I hate the thought of having to take a bath without someone coming in every four minutes to ask a question. Or gosh, having to watch a whole episode of "Grey's Anatomy" without needing to hit pause 18 times to help someone find their baseball socks or put new batteries in toy. And OH, the HORROR or having to drink an entire cup of hot coffee without my child burrowing his bony knees and elbows into my side. 

I've never understood why some mothers complain incessantly about spring break. What's their problem? I love it! It's really making me look forward to SUMMER break....... ahhhhhhh a whole THREE MONTHS with my faithful cling on kidlettes. GOODIE GOODIE! I can't WAIT! 
Well, I'd love to stay and write more, but I'm feeling the need to go outside and swing from a branch, shrieking at the top of my lungs while I scratch my armpit. "COME ONNNNNNNNN Kathryn and Jasper........... let's GOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm on the floor laughing!