Tuesday, December 30, 2008

For the Record...






Let's just let it be known that Stacy is still a bad ass. Got that? Good. 
We went to Six Flags over Texas yesterday for a very belated (sorry kid!) birthday celebration for Kathryn. We'd given her tickets WAY back in September and life just got so busy that we didn't have a chance to go. 
Well, yesterday was OUR day and you know what? It was PERFECT. Blue skies, high 60s, very light crowds and three very cool adventuresome kiddos! The longest line we waited in was 20 minutes! Most rides we practically walked on. Oh and the best part... all the holiday lights and music were still going strong... it even "snowed" at night. Super duper fun. 
But let's get back to the part about me, the bad ass. 
Yes, I know I amazed you when I went skydiving a couple months ago... and now I can amaze you again when I tell you that I rode the Titan!!!!!!!! AUGHHHHHH. OH MY GOSH. THE SCARIEST thing I've ever done in my life. WAY worse than skydiving!!! REALLY! 
How intense was it???? So intense that I actually BLACKED OUT for a few seconds on the ride! I am NOT even kidding! Freaked me right out! That has never happened to me before on a rollercoaster! Bwahahahaha! Here's a nice little description from the Internet to back up my point:

Top Speed: 85 mph / 136.7 km/h
The Titan was built by the same Swiss designers that built the Goliath but includes extra twists. It has 5,280 feet of track, allowing for more drops, loops, and corkscrews. After dropping from the 255 foot hill, you are plunged in to a dark tunnel at the speed of 85 miles per hour. Titan includes a spiral that creates forces of up to 4.5gs.

Do you see that people? 4 and a half gs???? Yup. That will SERIOUSLY mess with your head! John agrees that was the biggest thrill he's ever had. A-MA-ZING!
But it wouldn't be fair if I didn't share my bad assness with my daughter, Kathryn... who rode this ride not only once, but TWICE!!! Even after dark! She also earned some major bragging rights!! 
Anyway, great day. Jasper even rode the Shock Wave with us twice... that sucker has TWO full loops!! He is so brave. A 15-year-old kid told him he was super cool. That made his day. 
Fun fun stuff and lots of laughs and great memories! Thanks for sharing your fun birthday day with us Kathryn! And thanks for being so brave!! I'm TOTALLY impressed girl! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooh Lord that looks totally sca ry!!!! Ok so you mean to tell me if I ride that I will have bad ass bragging rights too? Oh but wait I would probably have to FLY to get there and we both know about that (yikes) I'm pretty much a big sissy!!!!! Dang it
Rita

Anonymous said...

Hey, Stacy!!!! Pat K. (Kingwood). You really need to put ALL of this on paper! You are an awesome writer!! You have more talent in your little fingers than most of us have in our entire bodies!! You are defintely your mother's daughter! I appreciate the fact that she turned me on to your blog,as it's a KICK to anticipate the next "installment"!! Keep up the GOOD WORK!!! You have no idea how many lives you are touching!
Love & Respect,
Pat