Friday, December 26, 2008

Only 364 more days...

I'm already looking forward to next Christmas! I just love Christmastime. So much joy and laughter and best of all, TOGETHERNESS. 
We had a pretty perfect Christmas day here in the Murphy household. No one cried. No one was lying on the couch, urping between gifts. Mom and I didn't cut ourselves chopping or peeling all day in the kitchen. Roxie was nice to Schnitzel. The ham didn't dry out. The tree was still green, the weather was glorious and everyone seemed to get what they wanted... so gosh, yes, I dare say, it was pretty darned perfect! I hope you all can say the same for your Christmas day!
I have absolutely loved having my family here this week. Truly. I am sad they have to go today, but I understand them wanting to try to beat the mad rush home.
Well gosh... then what to do? A teensy LITTLE part of me wants to join the crazies out there today and grab up some major steals with all the huge sales... but then the more sane (and fortunately more persuasive!) part of me says, nah, skip it. Let those other crazy fools fight it out on the roads and in the stores today. I'm going to STAY HOME in my jammies all day long, drink too much coffee, write some thank you notes, look at my Christmas photos, write in my Christmas journal, watch the kids (John!) play the Wii and eat yummy leftovers. Sounds like a pretty perfect day-after-Christmas day to me. 

*I'll add some Christmas photos later today when I get them downloaded! ;)

No comments: