Wednesday, May 24, 2017

"Clean as a Whistle"

Great news boys and girls... mama's lymph nodes were CLEAN!!! WOO HOO! What a relief!

So now we move on to radiation. If you've been keeping up... we were originally planning on doing the 5-day version (with the Squiddy Tiddy) BUT turns out you need to have a clean 2 mm margin in order to do that version and the doc only got a 1 mm margin... so to do the one-week version she'd need to go back in to scoop out more first. I said, "NOPE... NO MORE SURGERY thankyouverymuch"!!!!! I will HAPPILY forgo more surgery (and the Squiddy Tiddy contraption!) and just do the good ol' fashioned 6-week full breast radiation. I'm good with that! In fact, if I'm totally honest, I'm relieved to not have to deal with the Squiddy Tiddy at all. I was dreading that big time! 
We meet with a new radiologist next week (since we're going with Plan B) and looks like we can wait to start treatment AFTER our trip to Amsterdam. Again... I'm good with that! 
As far as this Lobotomy Brain, they said it's totally normal and when John asked how much longer it might last they said, "Oh, another week or two." DOH! I still feel like I just stepped off the Tilt-a-Whirl ride at the carnival as the dizziness and confusion seem here to stay, but at least the ringing in my ears is finally subsiding. Baby steps! 
But all in all, today is a GOOD DAY and we are HAPPY!!!!! 
Thanks for checkin' in!!

No comments: