Tuesday, May 23, 2017

"Lumpectomy or Lobotomy?"

I could have SWORN I went to the hospital for a lumpectomy... but I think they made a mistake a performed a lobotomy instead. 
Remember this commercial in the late 80s? Well, it pretty much sums up my past week.   
Anesthesia is a POWERFUL drug and it certainly fried my brain to a crisp!!!! I am desperately looking forward to feeling "normal" again! 
In the meantime, the Universe continues to spin around me while I feel like I watch from a distance, through the fog and constant ringing in my ears. 
* Kathryn made it safely to camp and is in full-on intense lifeguard training. 
* Jasper is SIXTEEN TODAY!!! He and John are headed to the big driving test as we speak! 
* Tomorrow is my post-op appointment and I'm VERY ANXIOUS to hear the results & "next steps." 
* Friday Jasper leaves for Austin for another state band competition (ensemble and clarinet solo) and then next week is the LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL! 

No comments: