Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"Get 'er Done"

Well kids, the Big Day is finally almost here and I'm ready to get this over with! 
I just got home from teaching my last boot camp for a few weeks. *sniff sniff*  It's probably a good thing I'll be on some pain meds tomorrow because I have a feeling we're all gonna be SUPER SORE after that. We went hard core today (I could tell it was hard because I could see it written all over Kristen's face... and she's tough as nails! HA HA! I'm pretty sure she was cussing me out at one point)!!! When I'm feeling sore and sucky during my upcoming recovery I'm just going to think back on this morning and how GOOD and STRONG and ENERGETIC I felt and KNOW I'll be back there again very soon. I look forward to it. 
People keep asking how I'm doing (I assume they mean mentally) and I'm truly fine. No joke. I've been too busy this week to think about yucky stuff. I've been way more focused on all the good things like celebrating my niece's graduation (she's a Bad Ass y'all... graduated Summa Cum Laude and in just three years!), bringing my daughter home from college and now getting her all packed & ready for her job as a summer camp counselor. My heart is full and happy!! 
I check in to the hospital tomorrow morning at 9:30. The actual surgery begins at 2:00 and should take about two hours. After an hour in recovery we can head home. I will try to remember to get Kathryn or John to post an update tomorrow night. :) 

No comments: