Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cussing and Grunting...



Okay, so like I said in my last entry, my Dad is here for a Work Week... and we've already accomplished so much! I'm reminded of the chant from the Bob the Builder cartoons I used to watch with my son when he was a toddler. Remember those? They'd say, "Can we fix it?" and yell, "YES WE CAN!" That's kinda the battle cry around here this week. But something I realized, there wasn't NEAR as much cussing on Bob the Builder! Ha ha ha. Yes, I said earlier that this week would involve a lot of trips to the hardware store (5 so far in 2 days), a lot of Budweiser and a lot of sweat... but I forgot to mention, more importantly, a LOT of grunting and cussing... and even a few Bandaids. But mostly grunting. My Mom called and asked, "So, is Dad making sound effects?" Ha ha ha. I love it. 
We have completely finished the office and the kids' bathroom (the Plumbing Job from Hell... I'm SO sorry Dad!!!) and today we're going to tackle some projects in my studio. Dad also has a special project he's going to do with Jasper after school... VERY cool... more on that later. ;) 
Would love to stay and chat... but gotta get to work! :) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The office looks beautiful - love the new Roman shades. And your colors are perfect! I know your Dad is having a wonderful time; he truly could have been the inspiration for "Tool Man Taylor". I remember the time he cut a big hole in the bathroom wall to install a medicine cabinet...and discovered the water pipes! I am also the proud owner of the only paper towel rack on the planet that cost $712.00. He might have to make thirty trips to the hardware store, but he always gets it right eventually. Have fun! I'm enjoying the sounds of silence here; not a small gasoline engine to be heard. Heavenly...
Mom

steve said...

The colors are great, really perks up the room.

Anonymous said...

Did you know they closed the water park today ! !! Boo hoo hoo.