Monday, November 17, 2008

The Mother Ship has Landed... the Tale of a Boy and His Bionic TV


We finally caved. I can't decide if I'm happy about it or not... but there's no question about John's and the kids' feelings on the matter...
Yes, we finally got TV. We survived without it (quite easily!) for 14 fabulous months, but finally decided to plug in baby. And of course, like with most things in his life, John decided to go ALL OUT... we didn't get some wimpy 50 inch TV. Not even a 60 incher. No people... we're talkin 73 inches of pure electronic love upstairs!!!! Santa brought it a little early because he wasn't sure how he was going to fit this monstrosity in his sleigh on Christmas Eve... so we got a special delivery. 
Okay, some people might STILL think we're a little crazy because we didn't get cable or satellite or anything cool like that. Oh no, we got an old-fashioned, ginormous (8-foot!) Griswold antennae so we can get the basic 5 free channels. I'm cool with that. I'm actually anxious to watch "Grey's Anatomy" (the ONLY show I watch) on this big huge TV cause just think of how big Patrick Dempsey's hair will be on the screen! Ahhhhhh lovely!! :) 
But John is downright giddy. So are the kids. I mean, totally giddy. John was literally jumping up and down in the driveway when the delivery truck came Friday. The driver was laughing because I TOLD him there'd be a kid jumping up and down in the driveway so he'd know he was at the right house... and he told me he expected a LITTLE kid, not a 39-year-old "kid." Ha ha ha. 
Anyway, Old Man Winter finally arrived in Texas this week so I suppose it'll be nice to snuggle up and watch a ton of movies while it's too cold to play outside. Feel free to come on over and join us... I've got plenty of popcorn to go around! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey. The picture doesn't do it justice. The kids should be standing next to it for relative size. And you should use your balloon lens. Fisheye lens. Whatever. Movie, snuggling . . . sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture of the TV....I am jealous....I would love to have something like that, just no where to put it....It would be cool though!