Sunday, February 8, 2009

Blooming and Blossoming...


I was struck yesterday with a lovely notion... and was delighted my daughter was in the mood to play along... 
I was looking out the kitchen window at the GLORIOUS HUGE cherry blossom tree that has just absolutely EXPLODED with color this week (It's outrageously beautiful and so very pink!) when Kathryn came walking in the room, dressed in a pink tank top, looking every bit as lovely as that tree. It struck me right then that I MUST have a photo of her next to the tree! She said she'd oblige (Yay! Sometimes she is NOT in the mood for me and my camera.) and so out we went, and I adore the result. :) 
I was feeling quite overwhelmed taking these photos, looking at all the budding and blooming and blossoming going on... and I'm not talking about the tree. 
Kathryn is growing up, so quickly, right before my eyes... and I love the young woman she is becoming, even though it pains me sometimes to know that my little girl won't be little much longer. 
I told her today in the car that I really really LIKE her. I just do. She looked at me a bit funny and I tried to explain that even if she wasn't MY kid, I'd still like her. She is a great companion and I think it's cool how we have children and then end up with a new friend. A buddy. Someone to hang out with and chit chat with on drives in the car. She's fun. I like being near her. I like who she is and who she is becoming. She makes me proud. She makes me giggle and sometimes looking at her makes me end up with a lump in my throat. 
I love being surrounded by all this pink blossoming beauty. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn is beyond beautiful....ranks right up there in the 'exquisite' category. You are so wise to capture every step of this evolution. Gorgeous girl, gorgeous photos. Well done.