Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why I love My Girls... (Warning! Feeling sappy today!)

My Mom. My Mom will always be my #1 Girl. My Mom is amazing. Always has been. When I was a kid, I poured an entire bottle of Palmolive on the hardwood floors, so I could "ice skate." My Mom didn't even get mad at me, despite the fact it took her about four hours to clean the floors. That's cause she's my Mom. I love my Mom. I know I drive her crazy because I call her almost every day (okay, sometimes twice a day), but I think she's always glad to hear my voice. Having a mom like my Mom made me want to BE a mom. :) IloveyouIloveyouIloveyou Mom!!!!

Kathryn. I see a little of myself and my husband in my daughter, but the rest is all her. Very much her. She is funny and witty and smart and kind and beautiful and serious and sentimental and talented and all that wonderful stuff all wrapped up in one amazing package. Too much to say about a girl I love more than life. Would take 18,002 blogs to truly explain my feelings for this Girl. 

Gillian. My dear, dear, wonderful faithful friend. We email each other sometimes up to 20 times a day. I'm not even kidding. I swear it. We tell each other EVERYTHING. And I do mean EVERYTHING! LOL! I don't like days without her. We support each other and congratulate each other for things we know are important to us... but no one else seems to care about (like when we clean out our closets!!). We are each other's #1 cheerleaders and biggest fans. Sometimes I think we even fill that space we wish our husbands would fill, but don't. You know that space? Even though she's all the way up there in freezing cold Canada, I still feel closer and more connected to her than even my closest neighbors. She's so good for me too... a very good influence because she's a passionate Christian and she doesn't even cuss. I love her. A lot. 

Renee. My lovely, wonderful, hysterical Renee. She "gets" me. She's like the sister I never had, but always wanted. She makes me feel good, all warm and fuzzy. It's hard to explain, but she just does. That's one of the biggest compliments I can give. I could never get tired of just hanging out with her and talking to her. She's a great listener and makes a mean fondue... she gives me those Sunset magazine backyard moments we all want to have... wine and candles and good food and conversation. She even puts real vanilla beans in her sugar. Who does that? She does! I miss miss miss miss her. Every day. She's one of the few things that made it hard for me to leave California!!

Terri. Terri is unlike anyone else I've ever met. She is the busiest woman I know. She is also the most dedicated mother I know. She loves her children (even the four-leggedones!) to death and would (and does) do anything for them. They are lucky to have her. She is truly the most unselfish person I've ever met... almost to a fault though. We all want her to learn to take care of herself as well as she takes care of everyone else around her! 

Jodie. Jodie is the neighbor and friend I always wish I'd taken more time to get to know. But all those times we stood in the cul-de-sac chatting in between grocery shopping and carpooling and exercising were fabulous. Jodie is simply all around good stuff. That woman is inspiring. She has THE COOLEST house and THE COOLEST three kids and she is A-MA-ZING the way she keeps it all together. She's quite hip too and makes it all look very easy. I wish more families could be like hers. It would be a much better world if they could. 

Heidi. Heidi saved me in Washington. I wonder if she ever knew that. During some of my most difficult years, in a new state, with no family and John overseas, Heidi was my salvation. She taught me to get out and still have fun, even in the rain and even when my heart was ripping in half because I was missing John so fiercely. She got me off my ass and onto a tandem bike and even convinced me to eat Tofurkey and to CLIMB the face of a snowy mountain and then ski down (Ski to Sea race!). She taught me how to love brownies and coffee and life and friendship. She taught me that dogs deserve to be walked, yes, again, even in the rain. She taught me that it's really okay if your shoes get muddy. REALLY muddy. She is passionate about her family and food and health and education and students and reading and Earth and politics and dogs and I just think the world of her. Everyone needs a friend like Heidi, but sadly, very few people are fortunate enough to have one. I'm glad I do. :) I miss sitting on the front porch step, drinking banana smoothies with her. 

Anne. My sister in law. How did I get to be so lucky to choose a husband that came with such a wonderful perk?! Anne, all I can say about you is that I love and adore and trust you so much that YOU are the person I want to be my childrens' mother if I ever die. I would hand them over to you with a happy heart. I think the world of you and just love you to pieces. I am so glad to have a sister like you! You rock. Need I say more?

Okay, this is really fun. :) But my problem (HARDLY a problem!!!) is that I have too many Girls to love right now and I don't want you guys to lose interest and quit reading... so I'll stop here for today. Oh, and please know I'm not listing you in any particular order! LOL! But really... Holly, Tiffany, Deb, Buffi, Ginny, Leanna, Kate... and more... you're next! 

By the way, I don't even know if you all read this stuff, and it doesn't really matter... just feels good to get some of this down on cyber paper. :) 

I LOVE YOU GIRLS!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I say this a lot but... I MISS YOU!!! I miss seeing and hearing the kids play outside... I miss "watching the house" when I knew John was gone. I miss being able to just say "HI" or stand and talk for an hour. I miss knowing there is somewhere to go borrow an egg. Or ALL of the ingredients to a receipe. (well, that was actually Tyler) Anyway... I am happy you are having a better day! Thanks Stacy for always being an inspiration... you continually make me want to better myself!

Love you,
J.