Friday, February 27, 2009

Reflection...


Not sure why, but tonight, I was struck with this overwhelmingly lovely wave of happiness. I realize I've been riding this wave for quite some time, and tonight, it finally washed over me and planted me gently back on the shore, basking in the sunshine, tired, but happy after such a nice swim. 
There are so many reasons why... and just little things. Can I brag a little without sounding too braggish? 
This week:
*My hairdresser told me I looked "so pretty and fresh, and Bohemian" when I walked in the door. Love her. ;) 
*My daughter was one of only two kids in the ENTIRE 5th grade who memorized the ENTIRE Gettysburg Address. ARE YOU FOR REAL? Do you KNOW how long that thing is????? I was so proud! 
*My son was the FIRST kid in the WHOLE 2nd grade to do all of his addition math facts on fast math. I was so proud. :) 
*At basketball practice last night (social hour!), I had so many people I wanted to talk to that I barely made all the rounds before practice was over. 
*There were two ridiculously gorgeous sunsets in a row. 
*I got to have lunch with two girlfriends on a great sunny patio downtown yesterday... and then three hours later we got together for MORE, sipping frozen margaritas on yet another sunny patio. Ahhhhhhh. That's the life. 
*Both kids still beg to sleep with me when Daddy's gone. They are such snuggle bugs. I hope that lasts for years to come. 
*I finished a great book today... first time I've FINISHED a book in several months... I'm still in the middle of quite a few books, but felt good to get all the way to the end. 
*My husband never ceases to surprise and delight me... my yard is BURSTING at the seams with green stalks from mystery bulbs I never even knew he planted!!! He won't tell me what they're going to be, says I have to wait and be surprised when they bloom for me. :) How FREAKING SWEET IS HE??!!
See, I told you, nothing major... just the little things I've come to appreciate so much in life. I hope your week was filled with these little magic moments... and that you are able to recognize them through the chaos and appreciate them!! :) Life is so rich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're so happy and enjoying life! Buffi