Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras!









Happy Fat Tuesday everyone! I hope you are finding a way to celebrate the day today, by watching a parade, eating pancakes, enjoying the weather or just spending time with a loved one. We are trying to get back into the swing of things after a GREAT weekend in New Orleans!!! We had SO. MUCH. FUN. I have to admit, Mardi Gras in NOLA is really nothing I ever wanted to attend. I thought it would be a bunch of drunk people throwing up and peeing on the street, massive crowds and a bunch of twitty girls flashing their boobs to get beads... 
OH WAIT... that's EXACTLY what it was! HA HA HA. And yet, it was still a rockin good time! Actually, believe it or not, there are lots of families and kids there and the daytime stuff is truly (mostly!) innocent and G-rated. 
John and I snuck away for the weekend and left my Dad in charge of the kiddos. We met up with 18 other party-goers to celebrate our friend Rob's 40th birthday in style. (He was part of the Krewe of Tucks, for those of you who understand what that is.)
Stayed at the Westin on Canal Street, ate tons of Cajun food, seafood (my first raw oyster!), fried food, King cake and big huge breakfasts (if you've never had Lost Bread... go find some NOW!). Drank a little beer (Oh, just a little! Ha!) and enjoyed the parades and festivities. 
And I'm happy to report (although some of you might be disappointed with this news) that you really do NOT have to show your boobs to get beads... and I'm talkin' TONS AND TONS AND TONS (and then some!) of beads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, the kids loved the loot we brought home, although I'm frightened how evil my twisted little daughter has been with her new Voo Doo doll! Whatever you do, don't tick her off this week... you might be sorry. ;) 

No comments: