Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love is in the Air...

Well, seems logical that with Valentine's Day just around the corner, I should write about someone I love. :) 
And that person I'm going to write about is my neighbor, Kate. :) :) 
Kate is seriously the love of my life this week people... she takes the cake! 

Just this week she: 
1) Brought me the first daffodils of spring from her yard. 
2) Gave me a super cute thank you card, complete with the groovy wax stamp closure.
2.5) Brought over a HUGE stack of chick flicks for me to watch while recovering from surgery.
3) Brought me "get well" chocolates after my surgery. 
4) WASHED MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This is NOT a joke people!)
5) Took my daughter to a school function dinner so I could stay home... and blog about her! ;) (Just wanted to make sure she knows I used my time wisely!)
6) Brought over HAND MADE American Girl doll clothes for Kathryn... for no apparent reason.
7) Reminded me I need to bring over Jasper's pants so she can hem them for me!!!!!!!! 

Kate also makes FUR COATS and CUSTOM cheerleader outfits for Kathryn's dolls, brings me cuttings from her garden, has an endless supply of good wine, makes us killer dinners (the Mediterranean feast is still at the top of my favorites!), takes the kids and dogs for walks in the creek when I'm not in the mood, and when I'm really lucky, she'll even sometimes drunk hug me!! LOL! ;) 

I mean, seriously people... do YOU have a friend this good????? I think not. And you can't have Kate... she's all mine. I found her first. Go get your own! ;) 

I LOVE YOU KATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're seriously the best and I don't quite know how to thank you! My husband's not loving you quite so much now because he's wondering how he's going to top the flowers, chocolates, cards and DOG-BATHING this Valentine's Day!!! Ha ha ha. Poor guy. 

(I realize I don't even have a picture of you to go with this blog... hmmm... darnit... we're going to have to work on that!)

No comments: