Thursday, February 19, 2009

Feeling Festive!



(I know a lot of you have already seen these photos... but some haven't. Oh, and of course I have to post the BEFORE picture so you can truly appreciate the awesomeness of our refurbish job!)
I'm about to leave to pick up my dad from the airport... Grampa to the rescue! He's coming to cover Kid Duty this weekend so John and I can galavant off to New Orleans for some Mardi Gras fun! :) Yay Grampa! The kids are excited to see him and excited about the prospect of eating lots of Subway and Sonic while we're gone. Ha ha. My little opportunists...
Anyway, I'm in a festive mood! My "new" killer chandelier makes me feel like a movie star every time I see it. I love it. I love how it makes me feel giddy and uninhibited and a little crazy and sassy. :) Doesn't it just scream Mardi Gras? It's getting me in the mood! Also feeling festive around here because of the great weather we're having... and daffodils blooming all over the yard!! YAY. They make me happy... a sure sign spring is just around the corner! 
So I need to go finish packing and dusting the guest room (ha ha), but just wanted to say I'll check back in Sunday night with a full Mardi Gras report and some photos... I'll try to keep them rated PG although I know my friend Renee is hoping for something fun and raunchy! HA HA HA. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the Chandelier makes a bold statement, but I am jealous of your trip to Mardi Gras. Yes please take lots of pics, PG is okay I guess, (maybe PG-13??) Have a great time! Steve