Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yummy Things






The kids and I made caramel apples yesterday. It's just something you HAVE to do in the fall. That and drink your coffee with pumpkin spice creamer and eat lots of sweet potatoes with cinnamon. :) 
I was watching Kathryn in the kitchen yesterday with a twinge of sadness, but also with a swelling of pride. My baby girl is growing up. And it pains me and yet makes me smile all at once. So very bittersweet. 
Kathryn is amazing. She loves reading Harry Potter, loves math, makes straight As in school, quotes "My Fair Lady" and other Broadway musicals, sings beautifully, does a killer Joni Mitchell impression, makes a mean bull's eye toast, gives the best back tickle in Texas, knows how to laugh at herself (even when she falls down in front of the whole football stadium), knows about 20 blonde jokes (and tells them well!) and has very, very long legs. I wouldn't trade her for all the little girls in the world. 
I'm so happy that Kathryn still likes to cook in the kitchen with me and isn't embarrassed to kiss me goodbye in front of her friends at school. She makes me laugh at least 18 times every day and I am very much enjoying how our relationship continues to bloom. She's a great companion. She is just very very yummy to me. :) 

No comments: