Sunday, September 14, 2008

If I could bottle up the wind...


If I had scruffy little Toto by my side today, I'd look at him and say, "I don't think we're in Texas anymore Toto." It does not seem too much of a stretch of imagination to believe that we may have been transported Somewhere Over the Rainbow today. It is quite dreamy, indeed.
How is it, that if you stand outside today and close your eyes, you could swear you were on the islands of Hawaii, being caressed by those delicious, hypnotic Trade Winds? 
Today is the most peaceful day I've witnessed in many years. It is astoundingly fabulous. 
It's one of those days that makes you wish you were a poet... so you could find the words to describe how luxurious the delicate breeze is and how intoxicating the smell it carries is as it gently wafts into your nose. (It's the insanely tantalizing sweet smell of grape jelly and honeysuckle, from a lovely vine we still cannot identify!) Or how the trees seem to be whispering to you, that they too are happy. It's like a secret that really isn't a secret at all because you cannot be outside today and not know it... that today is a Perfect Day. Today God must be happy. The wrath of Ike has passed and has left the earth and its creatures relieved and cleansed and renewed. There is not a speck of dust in the air today. It's as clear and clean as if it was just breathed down from Heaven. Even the birds and insects are quiet today, I believe hushed to sleep by the gentle swaying and rocking of the limbs that hold them. I'm envious of the golden leaves that are falling ever so gently from the trees, being carried as by an angel's touch, so slowly, twirling and swirling until they reach the ground, soft and light as feathers. I doubt the Earth even feels their touch as they make their final landing. Today embodies peace and tranquility. 
Oh how I wish there was a way to bottle up this day! This GLORIOUS day. There is no doubt that today is definitely the Lord's day. And I thank Him for it!

No comments: