Friday, September 19, 2008

Vasectomy Reversal...

Okay, I have seen the billboards... and have talked to ACTUAL people who have had it done successfully... so I *know* you can have a vasectomy reversal. 
I wonder how John is going to feel when I go home Monday and ask him for one. 
Seriously... 
Ohhhhhhhhhhh my gosh. I am SO in love with Aidan, my friend's new baby boy who turned one week old today. 110% MADLY in love. 
He is a perfect baby. Totally perfect. Did I mention that I love him? 
I go over to Renee's house and get to just hold him. Pure and simple. He sleeps and eats. Not much else yet. They SAY he cries, but I haven't heard him, but then again I haven't been there at 3 a.m. I still don't believe them. Cause he's too perfect. A baby that perfect would never cry. ;) 
Anyway, I go and I hold him. Sometimes I give him a bottle and I just close my eyes and listen to his sounds... his suckling and sighs... and it takes me right back to when I had my own newborns to love and hold. Only it's better now cause I'm not insanely exhausted and my nipples aren't cracked and I know I'll get 8 hours of sleep tonight... ha ha ha. I just get to hold a tiny little perfect sighing bundle and then hand him over and go my merry way. Although he's REALLY hard to hand over.
Yes, I love him. 
It is almost frightening at times to hold someone else's baby and find yourself under their spell... because you start thinking in the back of your mind, "Hmmm, I could do this again." And then you remember... that big "V" word. Yeah, I guess we're out of commission. Sigh. 
Probably a good thing cause otherwise I'd be SOOOOOOO tempted... and then when I was about 7 months pregnant and came to my senses I'd be saying, "WHY THE HELL did we do this again?!?!" Ha ha ha ha. 
I guess I'll just have to settle for loving Aidan. And I do. With my whooooooooole heart. 
I will post pictures of him soon, when I am done holding him. But for now, I'd rather hold him than my camera. :) No contest. 
He's perfect. I am so happy for my friends. I think their family is complete now. They needed Aidan. He knows that. You can just tell. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath...a really deep breath. Babies are adorable. No question. But be real. They grow up....and one day they're thirteen. Believe me, it happens.

Anonymous said...

lol!! yeah whoever wrote that first comment was right. I was just going to comment and try to convince John to do it for his dear bride :) now I think different. ha ha
Rita