Friday, September 26, 2008

It's all around you... just open your eyes.




Open them wider now. Get closer. You'll be amazed at the hidden beauty that is all around you! 
I rented a macro lens a while back, just for fun, but I got so much more out of it than some really cool photos. It taught me a whole new way to look at things. 
I remember reading in a photography magazine about an instructor who made his students get down on their hands and knees and spend one full hour photographing a two-foot square patch of garden!! Isn't that BRILLIANT?! I'd love to take a workshop from him!
It's true though... you'd be amazed at what you'll find if you just take the time to slow down and open your eyes. 
Now is a great time of year to do this... leaves are beginning to change as the season shifts. You can feel it in the air, and if you want, you can be a part of it... be attuned to your senses... let them work, and pay attention. You won't be sorry. 
Here's a treasure I found in my garden today... all that was left of the Hydrangea bloom... a lovely little skeleton don't you think? 

If you would like to view more of my macro work, you can do so on my website at www.stacymurphyphoto.com or just click this link: 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the macro work! Wow!

Herdman

Anonymous said...

I second that: WOW

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD. These would look so cool framed in my family room, with the black and red couches...don't you think? THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!!!! I just may add them to the kid's photo order.
I really dig your macro work....big time :)
Love,
T