Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike and other ramblings...

Well, I have a few things on my mind this morning... Ike for one. 
Hurricane Ike is causing quite a stir and looks like he is definitely heading our way. New reports this morning say he's getting stronger as he nears the Texas coast. Now, I'm not taping up the windows just yet because Gustav petered out and we didn't get a SINGLE DROP OF RAIN from that one... but I think Ike is determined to show him how it's done. Please say a prayer for those in the path of destruction and pray that if they were told to evacuate that they did!! 

What else? Oh yeah, yesterday I kinda fell off the ol' diet wagon a teensy bit and treated myself to some HOMEMADE pesto! I grew the basil myself (preeeeeetty excited to actually EAT something out of my struggling garden!) and made a small batch of this green deliciousness for dinner. Slapped it on a lightly toasted baguette and OH.MY.GAWD. Heaven on bread people!!! YUM. OH WAIT... and there's more good news... here's a nice little weight loss tip for you: Did you know that if you put your scale on the tile instead of on carpet you'll lose an instant four pounds??!!??!! YES... it is true! I SQUEALED with delight this morning when I finally schlepped the scale over onto the hard surface and VIOLA!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS. God I love small victories! 
Anyway, I emailed this picture (yes, I am a total dork and take pictures of my food sometimes) to a few friends yesterday and have had several requests for the recipe. I hesitate to post it because it's embarrassing how simple it is... and yet it looks oh-so-impressive and Food Network-like in the photo! Bwahahaha. But as you know, I'm a loving, giving person... so here it is. :) Enjoy!

1cupbasilcleaned and dried
3eachgarlic cloves
1/2cuppine nutsor walnuts
1/2cupparmesan, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, gratedgrated
1/2cupolive oilgood quality

Directions

In a blender, combine basil, garlic, nuts, and cheese. Slowly add oil while blender is running.


1 comment:

Missy said...

stay safe girl!!!! I have a bitchin leopard print umbrella with hot pink lace around the edges if you want to borrow it :)