Monday, September 15, 2008

It is Definitely Monday.



No doubt about what day of the week it is today. 
There we were, all snuggled under the heavy quilt... enjoying the open windows and the fresh cold air (yes, COLD!) rushing in, listening to the owls chatter to each other... then the hideous screech of the alarm clock had to intrude into our peaceful little happy cocoon. Ug. Monday. 
I am whiny today. Care to listen? 
I have a SERIOUS mountain of clothes to put away. You know, I do not really mind doing laundry or most housework for that matter... but I despise putting away clean laundry! If it were up to me, we'd just get rid of all the drawers and dressers in the house and just live off of the countertop in the game room. You could just stagger in there each morning to pick out the day's attire. No need to make all those trips back and forth from dryer to dresser!! Think of all the TIME we'd save! But seriously, I'd rather go to the dentist or take the SAT tests again than put away this laundry. 
And another thing... I've lived in blissful denial all summer... pretending (and lying to myself!) that my wood floors were as clean as if Cinderella herself scrubbed them this morning. It's a funny thing, wood floors... when the sun is not shining directly on them, they DO hide an amazing amount of hair and dust. BUT when the sun shines on those floors........ whoooooa boy... it's a SCARY thing to behold! So imagine how they looked this morning, mocking me, as the sun shined in, showing me the reality of three months' worth of neglect!!! EEEEEEK. I cannot pretend any more. It's time to face the music... and get the mop. Sigh. 
But it's not all bad in the Land of Stacy today. The sun, as I said, IS shining and it's a delightful 56 degrees out and all the windows are open and my cinnamon & sugar candle is lit and so alas, life is still good. 
And hey, check out this fun little doohickie... these are falling off our Burr Oak tree in the backyard and they're just so funky. I love them. They make a super loud THUD as they fall onto the patio and they look like something from War of the Worlds or from deep in the ocean. I think they're cool. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your new blog design.
Do you ever dream of "paper" clothes - wear 'em , wad 'em up, and throw 'em away. I would hate to sit down and calculate how much of my life has been spent on sorting, pre-treating, loading, adding detergent, measuring bleach, softner, drying, folding, and yes...the dreaded "putting away". I know the poor pioneer women had to beat their clothes on a rock in the stream - but they only had two dresses for Pete's sake. And they didn't have to mess with Downy. Or Shout. Or Oxy-clean. We call this progress. Sometimes I wonder....
Well, I'd write more; but I, too, am doing laundry. Don'cha love Mondays?