Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Oh, and Mom..."



Jasper starts every sentence like this. Drives me crazy in its own special way. :) 
So the other day, we're hanging out in the office, Jasper and Roxie on the floor near my feet, when Jasper says, "Oh, and Mom, I'm really glad we got a dog, cause you know, if we DIDN'T have Roxie, I'd be sitting here right now with nothing to do, but instead, I get to sit here and rub her tummy." 
How sweet is THAT? :) 
Jasper loves his dog. Truly. And Roxie loves him right back. I think she loves him best of all (okay, second to John, The Master) because Jasper has the stinkiest feet and the stickiest hands and so they're much more fun for a dog to lick. Jasper is also closer to the ground than the rest of us, so that must make him seem like the runt of the human litter. 
Yesterday, Roxie got a special treat... time in Jasper's bed (she's normally not allowed on any furniture!). It really was a sight to see... both of them relaxing on the bed, gazing out the window at the birds and squirrels. Of course I had to grab my camera!! Oh, and we crack up because Gramma sent Jasper this book about a dog named Ribsy... and the dog, as illustrated on the cover, happens to look JUST like Roxie! We're going to try to send a copy of this to the illustrator. :) 

4 comments:

Missy said...

I was just catching up on your blog (one of my favoritestestestests things to read) and what the heck is that thing that fell off that tree? it looks like it belongs in the ocean. oh, laundry sucks and i think your post was so funny because that is the ONLY thing i cant stand about washing clothes lmao. unlike you, i just leave them though lmao.

Missy said...

oh and P.S. Ribsy is one of my favoritest books ever. I loved reading about henry and ribsy.

oh and P.S. I LOVE the new layout on the blog :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Beverly Cleary would love this photo. And so do I !!!! And, of course, you know what comes next: can I have copies??? There's nothing more special than a boy and his dog. Roxie is special - and very, very lucky.
Mom

Anonymous said...

oh man, right after I read this I felt like I had to run out and get Julia a dog. She keeps asking for one. She said, Mom if I promise to do.. (list of chores).. for 2 years can I PLEASE have a dog? UGH I feel so mean, and Jasper and Roxie look soooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!
Rita